Italian organic KHORASAN wheat
KHORASAN (Triticum turgidum, spp turanicum ) is an ancient wild wheat, with a stalk 180 cm inheught, ears as long as 13-15 cm, kernels about twice the size of regular wheat.
Khorasan wheat has very ancient origins. In times immemorial, it was grown in the Fertile Crescent region (Mesopotamia) between the rivers Tigris and Euphrates reaching the Nile in Egypt, and between Anatolia and the Iranian Highland in the Province of Khorasan. Over the centuries, farmers started to grow it in on the eastern bank of Mediterranean basin. At present, it is still cultivated despite the breeding of new wheat varieties in the lab via gamma radiation.
The company Mediterranea Servizi Globali Sas in Bari - Italy belonging to eng. Tommaso Carone & C. produces this wheat under the registered SANTACANDIDA® KHORASAN trademark. At present, this wheat is grown on Giovanni Carone Farm located in the area of Matera (Basilicata Region - Italy); Khorasan wheat is also cultivated on other organic farms in Puglia and Basilicata, italian regions, on behalf of Mediterranea Servizi Globali Sas.
Khorasan semolina flour is excellent for pasta making also tre re-milled semolina and flour are good for bread, fresh pasta, biscuits, cake and taralli; it is not genetically modified, its gluten content is not high and may be eaten by people who are sensitive to modern wheat or suffer from mild allergies.
SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan Pasta is produced by renowned pasta makers in Puglia, Abruzzo and Campania regions (Altamura, Acerenza, Castellammare di Stabia and Gragnano) through traditional methods, namely:
- Bronze drawing
- Low temperature slow drying
SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan Pasta contains mineral salts such as Selenium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron; Calcium whose are higher than in the modern wheat grown in Italy. It is characterized by a delicate taste and fast and easy digestibility.
Selenium content is very high than in the modern wheat used for pasta making.
average nutritional values per 100 g of product:
|Proteins in dry matter||% p/p||13,80|
|Dry Gluten||% p/p||9,8|
- SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan wheat Pasta has high values of Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus.
- SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan wheat is produced in Italy - in Puglia and Basilicata.
- SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan products such as pasta, Bread, Biscuits and Bakery have a High Digestibllity.
- SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan Pasta is BRONZE DRAWN and SLOWLY DRIED AT LOW TEMPERATURE.
- SANTACANDIDA® organic Khorasan wheat has a very high Selenium content than that of all the other types of
modem wheat grown for the production of Pasta.